Los Angeles County School Health Centers Conference
We are thrilled you could join us last Friday, September 23, for the first ever L.A. County School Health Centers Conference. It was a standing room only event! Along with co-sponsor, the California School-Based Health Alliance, we were so pleased to welcome more than 110 school health providers and advocates who came together to share, learn, and be inspired.
Downloadable versions of the slide decks are immediately below.
- Problem solved! Using design thinking to solve your SBHC’s most common challenges
- Best Practices in Sexual + Reproductive Health Care for Teens
- Youth Rights: Sexual and Reproductive Health Policies in School-Based Health Settings
- Teen Suicide Prevention
- School Based Oral Health Policies
- Ahead of the Curve: Leveraging Continuous Quality Improvement as a Bridge to OST and Community Health
- Sustainability of Oral Health Services in LAUSD
- A Place for SBHCs within the New Era of Alternative Payment Models in Medicaid
Click here for the conference agenda
Date: Friday, September 23, 2016
Time: 9:00 AM -2:00 PM
Place: The California Endowment, Center for Healthy Communities
With 73 school-based health centers (SBHC) across 15 school districts in Los Angeles County, there is great work happening to promote the health and wellness of students to ensure that they are ready to learn and succeed. SBHCs are delivering high quality, culturally sensitive services that enable them to effectively fill a niche as an integral part of the health care, mental health, public health, and educational systems.
- Bring together providers and advocates of school-based health care to share strategies and best practices
- Re-ignite the SBHC movement in Los Angeles County
The L.A. County School Health Centers Conference is convened by the L.A. Coalition of School Health Centers, with sponsorship from The L.A. Trust for Children’s Health and the California School-Based Health Alliance.
- Bonnie Mims-Greene, Los Angeles Unified School District
- Cynthia Carmona, Community Clinic Association of Los Angeles County
- Jackie Provost, Consultant
- Jan Marquard, Northeast Valley Health Corporation
- Joanne Preece, Community Clinic Association of Los Angeles County
- Juan Taizan, California School-Based Health Alliance
- Maryjane Puffer, The Los Angeles Trust for Children’s Health
- Sang Leng Trieu, The Los Angeles Trust for Children’s Health
- Serena Clayton, California School-Based Health Alliance