Welcome to the Southern
California Sexual Health Collaborative
Our mission: Advance innovative practices in sexual health throughout Southern California.
The Southern California Sexual Health Collaborative (SCSHC) initially developed around the goal of having a stronger cohesive voice around statewide activities that tend to be centered in the Bay Area and Sacramento. Specifically, many in this group were interested in having stronger input into the Adolescent Sexual Health Work Group (ASHWG). The SCSHC also formed to face unique challenges in Southern California, including large population size, incredible diversity, national border issues and the constant barrier of Southern California’s wide-spread geography.
Please contact SoCalSexualHealthCollaborative
2016 Summit Materials
- 2016 Summit Program
- Helping Teens Access Sexual + Reproductive Healthcare
- Plenary: New Frontiers: Comprehensive Sexuality Education in California: Sharla Smith
- Why Texting Works to Normalize Sex Education Among Youth
- Expanding HIV Prevention of Women: Integrating PrEP into Family Planning Health Centers
- Getting Smart Before You Get Sexy
- A New Sexuality Education Platform—Reaching Youth on Snapchat
- Michelle Horejs, MPH, CHES, Planned Parenthood Los Angeles (Click here for Michelle’s bio)
- Tara Beeston, MPH, County of San Diego, Health and Human Services Agency (Click here for Tara’s bio)
Funding for this event was provided by The California Wellness Foundation.
Previous years’ content: