In September of 2009 the SCSHC hosted a Sexual Health Roundtable in Los Angeles with over 70 attendees. Participants shared programs and collected data with the goal of networking across communities to enforce program support, share best practices and avoid programmatic duplication.
In February of 2010, the SCSHC hosted a “data release” event in Los Angeles with approximately 15 attendees. Researchers from Ohlone College presented results of a recent statewide study examining provision of emergency contraception at California Community College health centers. LA Care Health Plan sponsored the event.
In April of 2010, the SCSHC sponsored a training on comprehensive sexual health education (CSHE) and California Education Codes with approximately 20 attendees. The event was held at The California Endowment in Los Angeles. Participants shared some of the challenges in delivering CSHE in their respective communities.
Thank you to the 130+ participants and presenters who attended the Southern California Sexual Health Summit on February 14, 2013, at The California Endowment. Many thanks to the conveners of the summit:
- California Department of Public Health, STD Control Branch
- California Family Health Council
- California School Health Centers Association
- L.A. Trust for Children’s Health
- Orange County Healthcare Agency
- Planned Parenthood of Orange and San Bernardino Counties
- Planned Parenthood of Pasadena and San Gabriel Valley, Inc.