The Los Angeles Trust for Children's Health
The Mission of The L.A. Trust for Children's Health:
To increase student health and readiness to learn through access, advocacy, and programs.
The Los Angeles Trust for Children's Health (the Trust) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization working to improve the health of the children of the Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD). Made up of educators, health professionals, and community members, the Trust works to:
- Provide strategic funding and support for LAUSD Wellness Networks, school health centers and other student health services.
- Increase access to health services for LAUSD students.
- Increase public awareness of and advocate for effective responses to critical health issues.
- Promote the study and research of health issues and practices.
- Promote collaboration among health organizations to address the needs of children.
In 2008, the Trust established three priority action areas:
- Developing and supporting Wellness Networks
- Creating an Oral Health Initiative
- Managing coordinating councils for school health policy and practice
The Trust works integrally with LAUSD Board of Education members and the LAUSD Student Health and Human Services Division. It plays a crucial leadership role in blending the expertise of these school district staff with a diverse range of health organizations in Los Angeles, including the California School Health Centers Association, the Community Clinic Association of Los Angeles County, the LA School Health Coalition, LA Health Action and the LA County Education Foundation.